1. He _______ that the police would never allow this sort of thing.
A. should have known B. would have known C. could have known D. might have known
2. In the preface _______ the books, the writer thanked all the people who had helped him.
A. of B. for C. in D. to
3. The chairman was so delighted to see all members of the club had _______ at the conference.
A. turned back B. turned off C. turned out D. turned up
4. All _______ knowledge originates in direct experience.
A. generous B. genuine C. genius D. gentle
5. The Mars having water, _______.
A. so it may have life B. and there may be life C. there may be life D. which may have life