1. The dean of our department won't _______ a lesson tomorrow morning, because he was asked for a sick leave.
A. be given B. be giving C. have given D. have been giving
2. The floor, covered with dried mud, torn papers and tobacco-dust, was like that of a boy's room, upswept for a week, on which a lot of things _______.
A. accompanied B. accumulated C. stimulated D. speculated
3. Some people try to _______ from the strange behavior of animals that an earthquake will happen.
A. detect B. explore C. refer D. infer
4. I am really _______ your reasons for leaving home and wandering about in the street.
A. ambitious B. in charge of C. ignorant of D. fortunate in
5. It is always easy to _______ between words which have the same meaning.
A. dictate B. distinguish C.differ D. divide