1. He _______ the manuscript of his book before it to the publisher.
A. revised B. responded C. repeated D. reserved
2. In only 20 years the country has been _______ an advanced industrial power.
A. transported to B. transmitted from C. transformed into D. transferred to
3. The current _______ steady and strong, for the boat kept moving forward smoothly.
A. can't have been B. needmn't have been C. must have been D. should have been
4. The farmer _______ the corn in the yard for the hens.
A. scattered B. contributed C. separated D. assembled
5. You'd better make your own decision _______ you've grown up; you shouldn't always depend on your parents.
A. in that B. all that C. at that D. now that