Somebody To Love
amuse be worried call at
expect receive steal
1. I can’t ________________ her to be on time if I’m late myself.
2. I ________________ the drugstore for some medicine.
3. I ________________ about my brother all night.
4. The book is full of ________________ stories about his childhood.
5. We have ________________ lots of complaints from your neighbors lately.
6. Boys broke into a shop and ________________ $45 in cash.
I used to visit Sarah a lot, but she ________________.
When the meeting is over, you will ________________ give some advice.
He ________________ to see Cassie standing by the front door.
She told us that she ________________ from our garden.
1. These shoes look very good. I wonder ______. (2006，上海高考卷)
[A] how much cost they are [B] how much do they cost
[C] how much they cost [D] how much are they cost
2. The news ______heard everywhere.
[A] has [B] was
[C]have been [D] are going to be
3. He said that he _______ a lot of new words by the end of last year.
[A] had already learnt [B] would have already learnt
[C] have already learnt [D] already learnt
4. —I think it is going to be a big problem.
—Yes, it could be. I wonder_______ we can do about it. (2002, 北京高考卷)
[A] if [B] how
[C] what [D] that
5. It is reported that many a new house ______ at present in the disaster area.(2010，陕西高考卷)
[A] are being built [B] were being built
[C]was being built [D] is being built
1. We discovered what we________ (learn) to be valuable.
2. The new book is about how Shenzhou 6 manned spaceship ________ (send) up into space.
3. The woman wondered why the man _________ (not return) the book.
4. I believed that our team ________ (win) the basketball match.
5. The hero’s story _________ (report) differently in the newspapers.
6. —What’s that noise?
—Oh, I forgot to tell you. The new machine ________ (test). (2008, 浙江高考卷)
The hostess apologized to her unexpected guest for serving an apple-pie without any cheese. The little boy of the family left the room quietly for a moment and returned with a piece of cheese which he laid on the guest's plate.
The visitor smiled, put the cheese into his mouth and then said: "You must have better eyes than your mother, sonny. Where did you find the cheese?"
"In the rat-trap, sir," replied the boy.
Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.