1. The stone walls _______ the farmer's cows from joining his neighbor's cows.
A. conserve B. restrain C. keep D. protect
2. We can't _______ the possibility that Mary was murdered by her husband.
A. run out B. drop out C. rule out D. hand out
3. Two of the escaped prisoners are still _______, so the police have offered a reward of 5,000 dollars for arresting them.
A. at first B. at large C. at length D. at random
4. It isn't worth _______ Bob, who is always unpunctual.
A. to wait for B. waiting for C. wait for D. waited for
5. The ringleader of the gang had one hand _______ but the other was tied to another robber's.
A. loose B. loosen C. loosed D. loosened