Walk the Road of Love
be sure to intend to succeed
swim across take a rest/rests train
1. Madame Curie’s success encouraged many women to study science, and many of them _______________.
2. In this supermarket, all salespeople ________________ in customer service skills.
3. You look exhausted! Why don’t you go home and ________________ ?
4. Alice was able to ________________ the English Channel at the age of sixteen.
5. _______________ ring and let us know you’ve got back safely.
6. I ________________ spend the night at home, but Cathy called and asked me to go to a movie with her.
________________ without paying?
Who ________________ if Mr. Green leaves the team.
The drug should not be taken after ________________.
Math is never my ________________, so can you help me with these questions?
1. Daniel’s family ______ their holiday in Huangshan this time next week. (2009, 安徽高考卷)
[A] are enjoying [B] are to enjoy
[C] will enjoy [D] will be enjoying
2. Dr. Smith, together with his wife and daughters, _______ visit Beijing this summer.（2009, 陕西高考卷）
[A] is going to [B] are going to
[C] was going to [D] were going to
3. —Can I come to see you at three o’clock tomorrow afternoon?
—You’d better not, because I _______ my homework.
[A] will do [B] do
[C] have done [D] will be doing
4. I hope you ______ the instructions ready before I come tomorrow.
[A] to get [B] shall get
[C] will get [D] will have gotten
1. What ________ you ________ (do) this time tomorrow?
2. The team _________ (set up) a new school record by finishing the relay with a time of 1:01.81.
3. Don’t worry, you won’t miss her. She ________(wear) a red T-shirt and a white skirt at that time.
4. At that time, I will be reviewing my lessons as my mother ________ (cook).
5. —I’ve come out without any money.
—Never mind. I ________ (lend) you some.
A drunk phoned police to report that thieves had been in his car.
"They've stolen the dashboard, the steering wheel, even the brake pedal!" he cried out.
However, before the police investigation could start, the phone rang a second time
"Never mind," the drunk said with a hiccup, "I got in the back seat by mistake."
Adventure may hurt you, but monotony will kill you.