【 活动规则 】
【 今日题目 】
【 答题提示 】
1. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
4. A branch of the Tai languages.
8. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
11. An awkward stupid person.
12. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. Cause annoyance in.
16. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
17. A flexible container with a single opening.
18. An open receptacle for holding or displaying or serving articles or food.
19. Lower in esteem.
21. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. Extremely pleasing.
28. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
31. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
40. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
43. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
44. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
45. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
46. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. An informal term for a father.
49. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
1. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
2. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
3. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
4. A white trivalent metallic element.
5. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
6. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. A small cake leavened with yeast.
9. By bad luck.
10. Especially one side of a leaf.
15. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
20. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
22. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
23. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
24. The cry made by sheep.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
30. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. God of wealth and love.
34. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
35. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
36. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
37. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
41. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
42. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.