2014.06.11【英译中】Forrest Gump(18)

yangf2014 (不灭孽蜥) 译译生辉
76 8 1
发表于:2014-06-13 20:58 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Man: It was a bullet, wasn’t it? 

医生:你看,是一颗子弹。

Forrest: A bullet? 

阿甘:子弹?

Man: That jumped up and bit ya. 

医生:就是这玩意儿咬了你。

Forrest: Oh, yes sir. It bit me directly in the buttocks. 

阿甘:原来如此。它可是狠狠咬了我的屁股。

They said it was a million dollar wound but the army must keep that money because I still haven’t seen a nickel of that million dollars. 

他们说这个伤口值100万美元,但是军方一直保管着这笔钱,因为我一毛也没看到。

The only good thing about being wounded in the buttocks is the ice cream. 

唯一可以安抚我屁股上的痛苦的好事就是冰激凌了。

They gave me all the ice cream I could eat. And guess what? A good friend of mine was in the bed, right next door. 

他们让我尽情地享用冰激凌。结果你猜怎么着?我的一个好朋友就住在隔壁的床上。

Gump: Lieutenant Dan. I got you some ice cream. Lieutenant Dan, Ice cream! 

阿甘:丹中尉。我给你带了一些冰淇淋,丹中尉,冰淇淋哦!

Nurse: It’s time for your bath lieutenant. 

护士:轮到你洗澡了,中尉。

Mailman: Harper ,Cooper ,Larson. Webster. Gump. Gump. 

邮递员:哈勃,库伯,拉迅。韦伯斯特。阿甘,阿甘?

Gump: I’m Forrest Gump. 

阿甘:我就是阿甘。

Mailman: Pile, Nichols Maclviill . Johnson. 

邮递员:佩尔·尼古拉斯·约翰逊。

(Forrest received all the returned letters that he wrote to Jenny.) 

(阿甘接过珍妮给他的所有回信。)

Soldier: Gump, how can you watch that stupid shit? Turn it off .Good. Catch! Gump. You know how to play this? 

士兵:阿甘,你居然会看这个鬼东西?关掉它。哦,得分啦!阿甘,你知道怎么玩吗?

C’mon, let me show you. Now the secret to this game is, no matter what happens, never, ever take your eye off the ball. All right. 

来,让我教你。这个游戏的秘密就是不管发生什么事都不要让球离开你的视线。明白了吧。

Forrest: For some reason, Ping-pong came very natural to me. So I started playing it all the time.

 阿甘:不知道为什么,我天生就是打乒乓的料。所以我开始专心于打乒乓。

 I played Ping-pong even when I didn’t have anyone to play Ping-pong with.

甚至没有对手的时候我也在打。

The hospital people said, it make me look like a duck in water, whatever that means.

医院的人说我看上去就像是在水里游的鸭子,不知道是什么意思。

Even Lieutenant Dan would come and watch me play. I played Ping-pong so much, I even played it in my sleep. 

有时候丹中尉也会和我打一两局。我不停地打甚至睡觉的时候也在打。

Dan: You listen to me. We all have a destiny. Nothing just happens, it’s all part of a plan. I should have died out there with my men. 

丹:你听我说。我们都有自己的命运。这全是命中注定的,没有任何意外。我本该和我的士兵在这儿一起长眠。

But now, I’m nothing but a goddamn cripple. A legless freak. Look. Look at me. Do you know what it’s like not to be able to use your legs? 

但是现在,我只不过是一个瘸子,一个无腿的畸形。看着我,看着我,你知道不能使用你的腿是什么感觉吗?

Gump: Yes, sir. I do. 

阿甘:是的,长官。

Dan: Did you hear what I said? You cheated me. I had a destiny. I was supposed to die in the field, with honor. 

丹:你听见我说的话了吗?你这个骗子,我本来命中注定要在这里光荣地牺牲。

That was my destiny and you cheated me out of it. Do you understand what I’m saying, Gump. 

那才是我的命运,但是你,你把我骗了出来。你知道我在说什么吗?阿甘。

This wasn’t supposed to happen. Not to me. I had a destiny. I was Lieutenant Dan Taylor. 

Gump: You still Lieutenant Dan. 

这不应该发生在我身上的,我有自己的使命。我是丹·泰勒中尉!

阿甘:你仍然是中尉。

Dan: Look at me. What am I going to do now? What am I going to do now? 

丹:看着我。我现在该怎么做?我现在还可以做什么?

Officer: PVT[ PVT= private 列兵] Gump. 

长官:列兵阿甘。

Gump: Yes, sir! 

阿甘:是的,长官!

Officer: As you were. Son, you’ve been awarded the medal of honor. 

长官:做得好,孩子。你被授予一枚奖章。

Gump: Guess what, Lieutenant Dan. They want to give me.... Ma’am, what did they do with Lieutenant Dan? 

阿甘:你知道吗?丹中尉。他们想给我······天啊,他们对丹中尉做了什么?

Nurse: They sent him home. 
护士:他们把他送回家了。

Forrest: Two weeks later, I left Vietnam. 

阿甘:两周后,我离开了越南。

We were always looking for this guy named Charlie. 

  本章节的美国俚语阿甘所谓的他们苦苦寻觅的那个叫“查理”的家伙,是在越战期间美国流行的表达,即越共。美国军队中有惯用的字母对应词,以免在通讯时因吐词不清而误事。越共本来被称为“Viet-Cong”,后简称为“V-C”,而字母“C”的代码是“Charlie”,所以“Charlie”成了越共的代名词。阿甘是一个头脑简单的家伙,就算到了前线也不知道自己正置身于一场残酷的战争中。

分类: 英语
全部回复 (8) 回复 反向排序

  • 1

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团