2014.6.14 【英译中】Pretty Little Liars 美少女的谎言 How It All Started

发表于:2014-06-14 01:34 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Three may keep a secret,if two of them are dead.——Benjamin Franklin

三个人守不住秘密,除非另两个不在人世。——本杰明,富兰克林


How It All Started

这一切是如何开始的



Imagine it's a couple of years ago,the summer between seventh and eighth grade.

想起来那是几年前,一个夏天——七年级的学生开学将要进入八年级。

You're tan from lying out next to your rock-lined pool,

你在石砌的泳池旁躺着,将肤色晒成棕褐色。

you've got on your new Juicy sweats(remember when everybody wore those?),

然后大汗淋淋(记得当时每个人都满身大汗吗?)

and your mind's on your crush,

你的思绪一片混乱。

the boy who goes to that other prep school whose name we won't mention and who folds jeans at Abercrombie in the mall.

那个我们不说名的男生去了另一个预科学校,还有那谁的褶皱牛仔裤来自商场里的阿伯克龙比家。

You're eating Cocoa Krispies just how you like'em-doused in skim milk-and you see this girl's face on the side of the milk carton.

你正在吃可可脆米,只是你喜欢将它浸入脱脂牛奶中-然后在牛奶盒的另一面你看到了这个女孩的面孔。

MISSING.She's cute-probably cuter than you-and has a feisty look in her eyes.

失踪。她很漂亮-可能比你还漂亮-她的眼神灵动而不羁。

You think,Hmm.maybe she likes soggy Cocoa Krispies too.

你想,嗯,也许她就像湿透的可可脆米一样。

And you bet she'd think Abercrombie boy was a hottie as well.

你打赌她也一样认为阿伯克龙比里面的男生是个帅哥。

You wonder how someone so...well,so much like you went missing.

你在疑惑,怎么有人如此......呃,跟你如此相像的人失踪了。

You thought only girls who entered beauty pageants ended up on the sides of milk cartons.

你以为只有那些参加选美比赛的女生,头像才会出现在牛奶纸箱的两侧。

Well,think again.

好吧,再仔细想想。



Aria Montgomery burrrowed her face in her best friend Alison DiLaurentis's lawn.'Delicious,'she murmured.

艾瑞亚·蒙高马利将她的脸庞埋入她最好的朋友爱丽丝·迪伦提斯家的草坪中。’味道好极了,‘她低语道。

'Are you smelling the grass?'Emily Fields called from behind her,pushing the door of her mon's Volvo wagon closed with her long,freckly arm.

’你在闻草的气味么?‘艾米丽·菲尔兹在她后面说道。她正推开她妈妈的沃尔沃车门,然后用她长的,长有斑的手臂关上了(车门)。

'It smells good,'Aria brushed away her pink-striped hair and breathed in the warm early-evening air.'Like summer.'

‘真好闻’艾瑞亚已经将一缕头发刷成了粉色,在温暖的傍晚呼吸着空气。’就像夏天一样(像夏天的味道)。

Emily waved 'bye to her mom and pulled up the blah jeans that were hanging on her skinny hips.

艾米丽向她妈妈挥手再见,然后将挂在俏臀上的牛仔裤拉了拉。

Emily had been a competitive swimmer since Tadpole League,and even though she looked great in a Speedo,she never wore anything tight or remotely cute like the rest of the girls in her seventh-grade class.

自从青少年游泳联赛后,艾米丽一直是一个游泳健将。尽管她穿泳装美极了,但是她从来不像她们七年级的其他女生一样,穿紧身衣或者特别漂亮的衣服


That was beacause Emily's parents insisted that one built character form the inside out.

那是因为艾米丽的父母坚持认为,一个人品格的建立是由内而外的

(Although Emily was pretty certain that being forced to hide her IRISH GIRLS DO IT BETTER baby tee at the back of her underwear drawer wasn't exactly character enhancing.)

尽管艾米丽十分确定,被迫隐藏在她内衣抽屉里 爱尔兰女孩做的更好 ‘的婴儿衫,并不能增强品质。

 

字数:672


最后编辑于:2014-06-23 22:24
分类: 英语
全部回复 (14) 回复 反向排序

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团