2014.06.21【英译中】Forrest Gump(26)

yangf2014 (不灭孽蜥) 译译生辉
56 5 0
发表于:2014-06-21 22:33 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Margo: Base to Jenny One. Base to Jenny One. 

玛歌:基地呼叫珍妮一号。基地呼叫珍妮一号。

Dan: Jenny One, go Margo. 

丹:珍妮一号,请说吧。

Margo: Forrest had a phone call.

玛歌:请让阿甘通话。

Dan: Well, you’ll have to tell them to call him back. He is indisposed at the moment. 

丹:好吧,你得跟那群人说让他回来。他现在不是很方便。

Margo: His mama’s sick. 

玛歌:他的妈妈生病了。

Gump: Where’s mama? 

阿甘:妈妈在哪里?

Louise: She’s upstairs. 

露易丝:她在楼下。

Mrs.Gump:Hi, Forrest. 

甘普夫人:嘿,阿甘。

Doctor: I’ll see you tomorrow. Sure got you straightened out, didn’t we, boy? 

医生:我明天还回来看你的。你的腿全好了,对吗,孩子?

Gump: What’s the matter, mama? 

阿甘:你怎么了,妈妈?

Mrs.Gump: I’m dyin’, Forrest. Come on in, sit down over here. 

甘普夫人:我就要死了,阿甘。过来,坐在我的旁边。

Gump: Why are you dying, mama? 

阿甘:为什么你就要死了,妈妈?

Mrs.Gump: It’s my time. It’s just my time. Oh, now don’t you be afraid, sweetheart. Death is just a part of life, something we are all destined to do. I didn’t know it, but I was destined to be your mama. I did the best I could. 

甘普夫人:我的时间就要到了。属于我的时间快结束了。奥,你现在还不用害怕,甜心。死亡只是人生中的一个部分,我们最后都会死去的。我过去并不知道这一点,就像我不知道我注定是你的母亲。我已经尽可能做到了最好。

Gump: You did good, mama. 

阿甘:你做的很好,妈妈。

Mrs.GUmp: Well, I happen to believe you make your own destiny. You have to do the best with what God gave you. 

甘普夫人:谢谢,我相信你已经找到了你自己的命运。对上帝赋予你的东西你要做到最好。

Gump: What’s my destiny, mom? 

阿甘:我的命运是什么,妈妈?

Mrs.Gump:You’re going to have to figure that out for yourself. Life is a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you’re going to get. 

甘普夫人:你要自己去理解你的命运。生活就是一盒巧克力,你永远不会知道接下来会得到什么。

Forrest: Mama always had a way of explaining things so that I could understand them. 

阿甘:妈妈总是有办法解释给我听。

Mrs.Gump: I will miss you, Forrest. 

甘普夫人:我会想你的,阿甘。

Forrest: She had got the cancer and died on a Tuesday. I bought her a new hat with little flowers on it. And that’s all I have to say about that. Didn’t you say you were waiting for the number seven bus? 

阿甘:她患了癌症,在星期四去世了。我给她买了一顶装饰着小花的帽子。这就是我能够说的全部了。你不是说你在等7号巴士吗?

Woman: There’ll be another one along shortly. 

女人:下一班车很快就回来了。

Forrest: Now because I’d been a football star, and a war hero, and a national celebrity and a shrimpin’ boat captain, and a college graduate, the city of Greenbow, Alabama decided to get together and offered me a fine job. So I never went back to work for Lieutenant Dan, though he did take care of my Bubba Gump money. He got me invested in some kind of fruit company so then I got a call from him saying we don’t have to worry about money no more and I said, “That’s good. One less thing.” Now mama said there’s only so much fortune a man really needs and the rest is just for showin’ off. So, I gave a whole bunch of it to the Four Square Gospel Church and a whole bunch to the Bayou la Batre Fishing Hospital. Even though Bubba was dead, and Lieutenant Dan said I was nuts, I gave Bubba’s mama Bubba’s share. You know what? She didn’t have to work in nobody’s kitchen no more and cause, I was a gozillionaire and I liked doing it so much, I cut that grass for free. But at night time when there was nothing to do and the house was all empty, I would always think of Jenny... And then, she was there. 

阿甘:因为我是个足球明星,而且是战争英雄和国际名流,捕虾船船长,大学毕业生,阿拉巴马州的绿弓镇决定综合这些给我提供一个好的工作。所以我没有回去和丹一起工作,但是他还在继续打理我在布巴阿甘的钱。他把我的钱投资了一些水果公司,所以当丹打电话给我说不用再担心钱的问题时,我说:“这样也好。又少了一件要操心的事。”妈妈说过这儿的家具对男人真正的需要来说还是太多了,于是其他就用来展示了。所以把它们全部捐赠给了四方福音教会和巴尤拉巴特捕鱼医院。即使布巴已经去世了,丹中尉说我是个坚果,我给布巴的妈妈巴布的分红。你知道吗?她再也不用在无人的厨房里工作了,因为我是个亿万富翁,我也喜欢这么做,我帮忙免费地割草。但是有一个晚上,当这儿没什么可做,而屋子空荡荡的时候,我总是会想起珍妮······然后,她出现了。

Jenny: Hello, Forrest. 

珍妮:晚上好,阿甘。

Gump: Hello, Jenny. 

阿甘:晚上好,珍妮。

Forrest: Jenny came back and stayed with me. Maybe it was because she had nowhere else to go or maybe it was because she was so tired ‘cause she went to bed and slept and slept like she hadn’t slept in years. It was wonderful having her home. Everyday, we’d take a walk and I’d jabber on like a monkey in a tree and she’d listen about Ping-ponging and shrimping and mama makin’ a trip up to heaven. I did all the talking. Jenny most of the time was real quiet... Sometimes I guess there just aren’t enough rocks. I never really knew why she came back, But I didn’t care. It was like olden times. We was like peas and carrots again. Everyday, I’d pick pretty flowers and put them in her room for her. And she gave me the best gift anyone could ever get in the wide world. And she even showed me how to dance. And well, we was like family, Jenny and me, and it was the happiest time in my life. 

阿甘:珍妮回来了,和我呆在一起。也许是因为她无处可去,或者是因为她太累了,因为她在床上睡了很久很久,就像她几年没有睡觉了。有她在的家里感觉非常好。每天,我们都会散散步,或者随便说说什么像猴子在树上之类的。她听我讲乒乓球,捕虾还有妈妈去了天堂的事。一直是我在说。珍妮大多数时候都沉默着······有些时候我猜这儿也许是石头不够吧,我从来都不知道她为什么回来,但是我不在乎。这是过去的事情了。我们再次变得形影不离。每天,我会采摘一些漂亮的花把它们放在珍妮的房间里。而她则赠送给了我这个世界上谁也不会得到的最好的礼物。她甚至教我如何跳舞。我们就像一个家庭似的,珍妮和我在一起,那是我一生中最幸福的时光。

分类: 英语
全部回复 (5)

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团