2014.6.23 【英译中】暮光之城 2 OPEN BOOK(16)

xuejv813 (菊花桑) 初涉译坛
26 2 0
发表于:2014-06-23 17:03 [只看楼主] [划词开启]
"It's too bad about the snow, isn't it?" Edward asked. I had the feeling that he was forcing himself to make small talk with me. Paranoia swept over me again. It was like he had heard my conversation with Jessica at lunch and was trying to prove me wrong. 

“下雪真是太糟了,对吧?”爱德华问。我有种感觉,他在强迫自己跟我闲聊。我的脑袋又充满了幻想,就像午餐的时候他听到了我跟杰西卡的对话一样,然后试图证明我想错了。


"Not really," I answered honestly, instead of pretending to be normal like everyone else. I was still trying to dislodge the stupid feeling of suspicion, and I couldn't concentrate. 

“也不完全是,”我诚实地回答,而不是回答得像其他人那样。我还在试着把那愚蠢的怀疑给驱散开,但是集中不了精神。


"You don't like the cold." It wasn't a question. 

“你不喜欢寒冷。”这不是个问题。


"Or the wet." 

“或者潮湿。”


"Forks must be a difficult place for you to live," he mused. 

“福克斯镇对你来说肯定是个很难熬的地方。”他沉思着。


"You have no idea," I muttered darkly. 

“你不清楚。”我黑着脸咕哝道。


He looked fascinated by what I said, for some reason I couldn't imagine. His face was such a distraction that I tried not to look at it any more than courtesy absolutely demanded. 

他好像因为某些我想象不出的原因而被我说的话吸引住了。他的脸那么令人分神,所以除了出于礼节上的要求,我尽量不去看他。


"Why did you come here, then?" 

“那你为什么来这里呢?”


No one had asked me that — not straight out like he did, demanding. 

没有人这样问过我——没有像他这么直接,简直就像在要求我回答。


"It's… complicated." 

“这...很复杂。”


"I think I can keep up," he pressed. 

“我觉得我可以听下去,”他强迫道。


I paused for a long moment, and then made the mistake of meeting his gaze. His dark gold eyes confused me, and I answered without thinking. 

我停了很久,然后错误地对上了他的凝视。他那深金色的眼睛迷惑了我,我想都不想就回答了。


"My mother got remarried," I said. 

“我的妈妈重新结婚了,”我说。


"That doesn't sound so complex," he disagreed, but he was suddenly sympathetic. "When did that happen?" 

“那听起来也不算很复杂,”他不同意地说,但他突然变得很怜悯。“那是什么时候的事?”


"Last September." My voice sounded sad, even to me. 

“上年的九月。”这声音听上去很伤心,我自己也听得出。


"And you don't like him," Edward surmised, his tone still kind. 

“你不喜欢他。”爱德华猜测,他的语气还是很友好。


"No, Phil is fine. Too young, maybe, but nice enough." 

“不是的,菲尔很好。可能是太年轻了,但真的很友好。”


"Why didn't you stay with them?" 

“那你为什么不跟他们住在一起呢?”


I couldn't fathom his interest, but he continued to stare at me with penetrating eyes, as if my dull life's story was somehow vitally important. 

我捉摸不透他的兴致,但他继续用他那尖锐的眼睛看着我,好像我那枯燥的生活故事不知道怎的就极其重要。


"Phil travels a lot. He plays ball for a living." I half-smiled. 

“菲尔经常要到处跑。他是靠打球赚钱的。”我微微一笑。


"Have I heard of him?" he asked, smiling in response. 

“我听说过他的名字吗?”他问,作为回应地笑了笑。


"Probably not. He doesn't play well. Strictly minor league. He moves around a lot." 

“应该没有。他打得不是很好。严格来说是在小职业球队联盟里面。要经常搬家。”


"And your mother sent you here so that she could travel with him." He said it as an assumption again, not a question. 

“然后你妈妈把你送来这里,这样她就可以跟他一起出去了。”他像设想而不是问题一样地说了出来。


My chin raised a fraction. "No, she did not send me here. I sent myself." 

我的下巴抬起了一点。“不是,不是她把我送到这里。是我自己要这样。”


His eyebrows knit together. "I don't understand," he admitted, and he seemed unnecessarily frustrated by that fact. 

他的眉毛皱在一起。“我不明白,”他坦诚地说,而且看上去还对这样的事实有点沮丧。


上一篇:

2014.6.18 【英译中】暮光之城 2 OPEN BOOK(15)


下一篇:

分类: 英语
全部回复 (2)

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团