2014.07.01【英译中】情归巴黎(三)

yangf2014 (不灭孽蜥) 译译生辉
71 7 0
发表于:2014-07-05 11:35 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Fairchild: Well, you’ve only been there for two weeks. I doubt every single person in Paris thinks you’re an idiot. 

费尔奇尔德:呃,你已经在这里呆了两周。我怀疑巴黎每个单身的人都觉得你是个小傻瓜。

Sabrina: Only because I haven’t met them all. 

撒布丽娜:他们只是还不了解我。

Fairchild: Sabrina, you’re being much too hard on yourself. Give it a chance. Now what matters is you’re away from here; experiencing new things, getting another view of the world, finding new friends, and not constantly thinking about you know who. 

费尔奇尔德:撒布丽娜,你对你自己太苛刻了。试着休息一下吧。现在的问题是你已经离开了家,经历着全新的事物,你已经进入另一个世界,寻找着新朋友,不要总想着那个人。

Fairchild: She’s fine. She hasn’t adjusted completely. 

费尔奇尔德:她很好,只是还没有好好的适应环境。

Man: She’s miserable. I knew it. 

男人:能看得出来,她过得不容易。

Woman: I told you not to send her. 

女人:我告诉过你不要送她去巴黎。

Rosa: Mr. Tom, maybe it’s not for me to put my hands in this. But when I first come to this country, I am alone, like Sabrina. I just weigh more. So I asked to God, “Why I am here?” I say “Why God?” But there is no answer, so I stop crying. It takes eleven years. 

罗萨:汤姆夫人,也许我不该插手这件事的。但是当我第一次来到这个国家,我很孤独,就像撒布丽娜。我只是更重一些。所以我问上帝:“为什么我在这里?”我说:“为什么,上帝?”但是上帝是不可能回答我的,所以我不再流泪。已经过了11年了。

Fairchild: Thank you, Rosa. 

费尔奇尔德:谢谢,罗萨。

Joanna: Did she mention David? 

约翰娜:她是不是提到了大卫?

Fairchild: Just that life without him is a helpless abyss of misery and despair. I believe those were her words. 

费尔奇尔德:如果没有他,生活就是埋葬了希望的痛苦深渊。我觉得这是她想说的。

Louis: Have a drink with me . . . What I do isn’t . . . I will . . . 

露易丝:陪我喝一杯····我不是想······我想······

Linus: Fairchild.

林纳斯:费尔奇尔德。

Fairchild: Good morning, sir. 

费尔奇尔德:早上好,先生。

David: Hey, Linus! Got a minute? 

大卫:嘿,林纳斯!有时间吗?

Linus: David, does it ever occur to you that you are an officer of the Larrabee Corporation? 

林纳斯:大卫,你难道不知道你已经是拉瑞比公司的一名职员了吗?

David: Listen, Linus. I met someone. 

大卫:听着,林纳斯。我遇到一个人。

Linus: Recall the address of our building? It’s 389 Park Avenue. 

林纳斯:记得公司的地址吗?389 公园大街。

David: Hey, I’m not kidding. 

大卫:嘿,我没有开玩笑。

Linus: Your office is on the 48th floor. 

林纳斯:你的办公室在第48楼。

David: This is really somebody. 

大卫:那是个很棒的女孩。

Linus: So what’s the problem? 

林纳斯:所以?

David: Well, I’ve invited her for dinner here Friday. And I just don’t want you and mother to . . . Listen, this girl is smart, she’s really smart. 

大卫:呃,我已经邀请她星期五一起吃晚餐。但是我不想你和妈妈·····听着,这个女孩太迷人了,真的很迷人。

Linus: Well, that certainly hasn’t come up before. 

林纳斯:好吧,那种事不会出现的。

David: Listen, Linus. She’s a real woman. She’s not a, you know, a . . . 

大卫:听着,林纳斯。她是个完美的女孩,她不是一个,你知道,一个······

Linus: Transvestite? 

林纳斯:异装癖?

David: She’s not a bimbo. She’s a doctor, pediatrician, actually. 

大卫:她可不是花瓶。她是个医生,事实上是儿科医生。

Linus: How did you meet her? 

林纳斯:你在哪儿认识她的?

David: Well, I was at this party and the host’s kid got sick with something and I rushed him over to Lennox Hill Emergency. And she was the resident[ resident: 住院医生] on duty and we just . . . we just hit it right off. 

大卫:呃,我在聚会上的时候,主办人的孩子生病了,我赶紧把他送到了伦洛克斯小山急救医院。她当时正在值班,然后我们·····这是缘分。

Linus: How’d the sick kid make out? 

林纳斯:孩子治好了吗?

David: Listen! well you guys meet her just try to make me look good. I mean, I know I look good. But ya know, try to make me sound good. Mention my accomplishments, my qualities.  You can be creative. Lie, OK? She says her folks know you. 

大卫:听着!你们这些家伙见她的时候一定要让我有面子。我是说,我的确很帅。但是,也让我听上去表里如一。多说说我的成就,还有我的高尚。你很有一套,林,好吗?她说她本地的亲人都知道你。

Linus: What’s her name? 

林纳斯:她的名字?

David: Tyson, Elizabeth Tyson. 

大卫:泰森,伊丽莎白·泰森。

Linus: Tyson Electronics, Tyson? 

林纳斯:泰森电气的泰森?

David: Tyson, I don’t know. 

大卫:我也不清楚是哪个泰森。

Mrs. Larrabee: Here’s a toughie, which one works for a living? 

拉瑞比夫人:谁还在为生存而工作,这是一个难题。

David: Wow, great hat! Mother. 

大卫:哇,很漂亮的帽子!妈妈。

Mrs. Larrabee: Good morning, blue eyes. 

拉瑞比夫人:早上好,孩子们。忧郁小青年。

Linus: Bring her around.We’ll try to make you look good. 

林纳斯:带她四处转转。我们会让你很体面的。

David: So, you guys work Sundays now, huh? 

大卫:所以,你们现在星期天也工作,哈?

Linus: It’s Wednesday, David. 

林纳斯:今天是星期三,大卫。

Linus: Guess what? David’s taking out Patrick Tyson’s daughter.

林纳斯:猜猜看,大卫竟然泡上了帕崔克·泰森的女儿。

Mrs. Larabee: Well, well, well.

拉瑞比夫人:嗯嗯嗯。

Mack: Yes sir? 

麦克:先生?

Linus: Mack, give me Harvey. 

林纳斯:麦克,把哈维叫来。

Harvey: Harvey. 

哈维:我来了。

Linus: Harvey, I want you to start buying up chunks of Tyson stock. Not so much that anybody would notice. That’s it. 

林纳斯:哈维,你现在去大量进购泰森的股票。每次不要太多以免引起别人注意。去吧。

Mrs. Larrabee: I hope she doesn’t look like Patrick . . . 
拉瑞比夫人:我希望她不要和帕崔克长得一样······


分类: 英语
全部回复 (7) 回复 反向排序

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团