2014.07.02【英译中】情归巴黎(四)

yangf2014 (不灭孽蜥) 译译生辉
31 4 0
发表于:2014-07-05 12:06 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Mrs. Larrabee: For once your father didn’t lie. You are lovely. 

拉瑞比夫人:你父亲果然没有说谎,你真迷人。

Elizabeth: Thank you. 

伊丽莎白:谢谢。

Mrs. Larrabee: I’m Maude. 

拉瑞比夫人:我的名字是莫德。

Elizabeth: Pleasure. 

伊丽莎白:荣幸之至。

Linus: Linus. 

林纳斯:林纳斯。

Elizabeth: I’ve heard a lot about you from my father. 

伊丽莎白:我从父亲那里经常听说你。

Mrs. Larrabee: And you’re really a doctor? 

拉瑞比夫人:你真的是医生吗?

Elizabeth: No, he made that up. 

伊丽莎白:不,大卫夸大了事实。

David: She was just promoted[ promote: 提拔] to assistant head of pediatrics. And I told her the hospital can count on us for a couple of million dollars. 

大卫:她已经提升为儿科的护士长。而且我还告诉她说那个医院每年都为我们赚数百万美元。

Mrs. Larrabee: David! 

拉瑞比夫人:大卫!

Linus: Is he a world class philanthropist, or what? 

林纳斯:他是一个世界级的慈善家,还是什么?

Louie: Just a squeeze. 

路易:只是心直口快罢了。

Sabrina: I like Louie. He’s funny and sweet. He’s such a good photographer. 

撒布丽娜:我喜欢路易。他风趣又贴心。他是个很棒的摄影师。

Woman: But someone is in the way. Is it this David you mentioned casually forty or fifty times when you first came over?  He sounds perhaps like an illusion. 

女人:总有一个人在你心中挥之不去。是你第一次来这里时嘴上总是提四五十遍的那个大卫吗?他听上去更像是一个幻影。

Sabrina: He keeps me company. 

撒布丽娜:他一直陪伴着我。

Woman: You think so? Illusions are dangerous people. They have no flaws. I came here from Provence[ Provence: 普鲁旺斯(法国东南部的度假胜地)], alone, uneducated. For 8 months–no more than that–a year, I sat in a café. I drank coffee. And I wrote nonsense in a journal. And then somehow, it was not nonsense. I went for long walks and I met myself in Paris. You seem to be embarrassed by loneliness, by being alone. It’s only a place to start. 

女人:你真这么想?YY很容易走火入魔的。他们可望而不可及,我从普罗旺斯过来的时候一个人,又没有什么文化。有8个月的时间里——反正不超过一年,我坐在咖啡店里,喝咖啡。我在杂志上写的东西也不知所谓。然后,我意识到,这没有任何意义。我已经走了太久,并且我最终在巴黎找到了我自己。你看上去对自己被孤立感到很尴尬,这只是开始而已。

Nurse: Dr. Florence, dial 118 please. Dr. Florence, please dial 118. 

护士:弗洛里斯医生,请接待118号。弗洛里斯医生,请接待118号。

Elizabeth: I’m sorry about your party. 

伊丽莎白:很抱歉搅乱了你的聚会。

David: It’s OK. 

大卫:没关系。

Elizabeth: Are you hungry? I’m starving. 

伊丽莎白:你饿了吗?我饿了。

David: Tell ya what I’ll do. Draw you a hot bath, whip us up a superbomelet. Do you have eggs, cheese, green pepper, tomato? 

大卫:我来教你怎么做。就用你的热锅,来煎一个美味的煎蛋饼吧。你有鸡蛋,起司,绿辣椒和番茄吗?

Elizabeth: Oh, no green pepper, no tomato. 

伊丽莎白:奥,没有绿辣椒和番茄。

David: Well, then I’ll just whip us up a somewhat superb omelet. 

大卫:额,那我们就做一个改良版的煎蛋饼吧。

Elizabeth: David, you are the best. 

伊丽莎白:大卫,你真棒。

David: You mean makin’ a hot bath and an omelet are roughly on a par with saving a five year old kid’s life? 

大卫:你是说那个热锅做一个煎蛋饼和拯救一个五岁孩子生命一样难吗?

Elizabeth: It’ll save my life. 

伊丽莎白:它挽救了我的生命。

David: God, you’re easy on me. 

大卫:哈哈,你果然很适合我。

Elizabeth: OK, then why don’t you marry me? 

伊丽莎白:真的吗,那为什么你不娶我?

David: OK, why don’t I? 

大卫:额,什么为什么?

Elizabeth: Don’t kid about stuff like that. 

伊丽莎白:不要在这种事上开玩笑。

David: OK, why don’t I? 

大卫:好吧,什么为什么呢?

Elizabeth: You sure you know what it is? 

伊丽莎白:你知道这意味着什么吗?

David: Yeah, that thing where ya hang together a lot, and sleep in the same room, and button each other’s hard-to-reach buttons. 

大卫:是的,那就是从此被绑在一起,睡在同一个房间,然后越来越疏远。

Elizabeth: Then I accept. 

伊丽莎白:就算这样我也愿意。

David: Really? Why? 

大卫:真的,为什么?


分类: 英语
全部回复 (4)

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团