2014.07.03【英译中】情归巴黎(五)

yangf2014 (不灭孽蜥) 译译生辉
91 11 0
发表于:2014-07-05 12:35 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Woman: Mr. Larrabee? 

女人:拉瑞比夫人?

Mack: David, what a nice surprise. 

麦克:大卫,大惊喜。

Mack: He’s at lunch, he doesn’t like . . . 

麦克:他在享用午餐,他不喜欢·····

David: Ron. Ron. I need to talk to you. 

大卫:嘟,嘟,我要和你谈谈。

Linus: I’m in a meeting.

林纳斯:我正在开会。

David: When was the last time I came here? 

大卫:我上一次来这里是什么时候?

Linus: You’re right. Ron. Ron. 

林纳斯:你知道就好。嘟,嘟。

David: I wondered why I was suddenly being treated with so much respect. 

大卫:我想知道我为什么突然那么受尊敬了。

Linus: Is something bothering you David? 

林纳斯:有什么事困扰着你吗,大卫?

David: You’ve been pushing me into this relationship with Elizabeth so you could engineer a merger with Tyson. 

大卫:你在撮合我和伊丽莎白,这样你就能趁机合并泰森公司了。

Linus: Wait a moment. Pushing you? I could burn in hell for the lies I told about you. You begged me to make you look good in front of Elizabeth. 

林纳斯:等一下。撮合你?我要是说谎我就下地狱。是你求着我让你在伊丽莎白面前有面子的。

David: You never said a word about planning to make an offer to Patrick. 

大卫:你从来没说过任何关于要收购帕崔克公司的事情。

Linus: “Talk about my accomplishments,” you said, “my qualities. Be creative lie!” you said. 

林纳斯:“谈谈我的成就,”这是你说的,“我的品质。更高明地说谎。”这也是你说的。

David: I can’t do this, Linus. I’m not ready to make this kind of commitment. 

大卫:我不想这么做,林纳斯。我不想做结婚的承诺。

Linus: Oh, I see. She must have asked for an actual wedding date. 

林纳斯:奥,让我想想。她一定是想知道一个确切的结婚日期。

David: I don’t know what came over me. She was healing children. I was in a tuxedo. I’m not in any position to take care of a wife. 

大卫:我不知道会发生什么。她治疗孩子,而我则是个浪子。我做不到照顾一个妻子。

Linus: Elizabeth is a doctor and a millionaire, David. She won’t be a burden. You don’t deserve her. But she appears to love you. 

林纳斯:伊丽莎白是一个医生,而且也是百万富翁,大卫。她不会是你的负担。你用不着照顾她,她仍然爱你。

David: Yeah, see, doesn’t that worry you a little bit? I mean about her mental health? 

大卫:是的,但是你一点也不担心吗?我是说她的脑袋是不是有那么一点儿。

Linus: David. 

林纳斯:大卫。

David: So this is all just a coincidence? 

大卫:所以这只是个偶然?

Linus: It’s an opportunity. 

林纳斯:这是机会。

David: Opportunity? 

大卫:机会?

Linus: What do you expect me to do? Disqualify myself from a billion dollar merger because I might have family connections? 

林纳斯:那你希望我做什么?让我放弃合并一个合并亿万美元的公司就因为可能会建立家族联系?

David: What are you doing? It was just a question! 

大卫:你在做什么?那只是一个问题!

Linus: Look at this thing. Not a scratch. 

林纳斯:看着这个,别逃避。

David: Is this some new way of changing the subject? 

大卫:这是什么新的办法可以改变现状?

Linus: No one in the world has a flat panel screen[ flatpanelscreen: 平面屏幕] this size, except Patrick Tyson. And the damn thing’s indestructible[ indestructible: 无法被破坏的]. He’s sitting on the hottest technology in town and everyone in Wall Street knows it. We’ve got so much competition on this merger that . . . 

林纳斯:这个世界上没有人有这么大的一个平面屏幕,除了帕崔克·泰森。而且这东西还无坚不摧。他掌握了最炙手可热的技术华尔街的每个人都知道他。我们要想合并还有很多的竞争对手······

David: Wait a minute, Linus. You’re talking about my life. 

大卫:等等,林纳斯。你在谈论我的人生对吧。

Linus: I pay for your life, David. My life makes your life possible. 

林纳斯:是我在为你的人生买单,大卫。你的生活是建立在我的生活之上的。

David: I resent that. 

大卫:岂可修。

Linus: So do I. Look at yourself. You went to law school, you never took the bar. You went to business school, I can’t get you anywhere near the office. You studied languages, you don’t speak. Instruments, you don’t play. You have a series of girlfriends, you never see more than twice. Do you not see a pattern here? 

林纳斯:我也不喜欢这样。看看你自己。你去过律师学校,却从来没做过律师。你去过工商学校,我都不知道把你安排在哪里工作。你去学语言,却不说。乐器,又不玩。你有那么多女朋友,却从不看第二眼。你有看见你的榜样在你的面前吗?

David: Who are you to lecture me about closeness? Your idea of a long-term relationship is giving your date a chance to order dessert. 

大卫:你以为你是谁,来教训我?你想让我结婚不过是给你自已的约会定一个餐后甜点而已。

Linus: I don’t have time for dessert. I’m too busy with this company. You’re a grown man, David. Finish something. Elizabeth Tyson’s the best thing that ever happened to you, and you told me so yourself. 
林纳斯:我没有时间吃甜点。公司很忙。你已经长大了,大卫。做点成绩出来。伊丽莎白·泰森是最适合你的,这也是你自己说的。

分类: 英语
全部回复 (11) 回复 反向排序

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团