2014.07.12【英译中】情归巴黎(六)

yangf2014 (不灭孽蜥) 译译生辉
31 3 0
发表于:2014-07-12 19:12 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Mr. Tyson: I would like to propose a toast…to my baby girl, Dr. Elizabeth Tyson, talented MD. And to my future son-in-law, David Larrabee, lucky S.O.B. Just kidding, David, just kidding. Now, we’re all very lucky. We’re very lucky. Not only is this the joining forever of two gorgeous people, but two gorgeous companies. 

泰森夫人:我提议为我的宝贝女儿,天才医学博士伊丽莎白·泰森干一杯。然后为我未来的女婿大卫·拉瑞比干一杯,真是个幸运的小蹄子。开个玩笑。大卫,只是玩笑而已。我们都很幸运,真的,非常幸运。不仅仅是因为这两个可人儿,还因为两个最棒的公司。

Linus: Here, here! 

林纳斯:这里,在这里!

Mr. Tyson: I want to wish you all the luck and happiness you deserve, and may your firstchild be a masculine child. 

泰森夫人:祝你们幸福美满,早生贵子。

Mrs. Tyson: It’s from Serpico. Tell Yoshi to bring the Portobello. 

泰森夫人:(看不懂)

Servant: Ahora? 

侍从:现在?

Mrs. Tyson: Oui. 

泰森夫人:是的。

Linus: You’re quite a linguist. 

林纳斯:你真是个语言天才。

Mrs. Tyson: Yes. I traveled a lot before I married Patrick. I was a stewardess. 

泰森夫人:谢谢。我嫁给帕崔克以前曾经到处旅行。我原先是个女乘务员。

Linus: Now they call them flight attendants. 

林纳斯:现在他们都喊空姐了。

Mrs. Tyson: Oh really? Well I bet I could still get your seat back in the upright position. 

泰森夫人:是吗?我肯定还会帮你扶正椅背。

Elizabeth: Whenever they try to be funny, it comes out perverse, or terrifying. 

伊丽莎白:不论他们多想变得风趣,总是落个尴尬的结局。

David: I see。

大卫:我知道。

Elizabeth: You’ll get used to it. 

伊丽莎白:你会习惯的。

Mr. Fairchild: . . . and to be sure to tell you that she misses you and sends you all of her love. 

费尔奇尔德先生:······我想说的是她很想念你们并且向大家问好。

Joanna: But what does she say about the engagement? 

约翰娜:但是订婚的事情她说了什么吗?

Woman: You didn’t tell her? 

女人:你没告诉她吗?

Mr. Fairchild: I don’t know how. I don’t know what to say. 

费尔奇尔德先生:我不知道该怎么做。我不知道该怎么说。

Rosa: You say “Darling Sabrina, la vida es sueno, your life is a dream and now it is over.” I know because we Spaniards have . . . 

罗萨:你就说“‘你的生活是一种梦想’,现在它已经结束了。”我知道我们西班牙人·······
Mr. Fairchild: My dearest Sabrina, although I am sure that this will come as a shock, it is my belief that what I’m about to tell you is all for the best. I know how strongly you have always felt about this, so I have been reluctant to write. 

费尔奇尔德先生:我亲爱的撒布丽娜,虽然我确信这会使你震惊,但是我认为我这样告诉你是最好的办法了。我了解你有多痛苦,所以我很不情愿地写这封信。

Louie: I am in Paris, but you are somewhere else. 

路易:我就在这里,但是你的心却在别的地方。

Sabrina: I’m sorry, Louie. I shouldn’t have done this. 

撒布丽娜:抱歉,路易。我不应该这么做。

Louie: I would like to help. But what you have to fix you won’t fix it in bed. You have to fix it here. 

路易:我想帮你。但是你面对的问题并不在床上。你要从心里解决它。

Sabrina: Dear dad, this is my last letter from Paris. I may even be home before you get it. Don’t worry about picking me up. I’d like to surprise you. Amazing - it’s gone by so quickly. Gertrude Stein said “America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.” I’ll always feel that way about Paris. I want so much for you to know what it’s meant to me. It’s turned cold out, but I don’t feel cold. Across the street someone is playing “La Vie en Rose[ La Vie en Rose: (法)玫瑰色的人生]”. They do it for the tourists. But I’m always surprised at how it moves me. It means seeing life through rose colored glasses. Only in Paris, where the light is pink, that song makes sense. But I’ll have it in my pocket when I get home, and I’ll take it with me wherever I go from now on. Love to you, dad. 

撒布丽娜:亲爱的爸爸,这是我从巴黎寄来的信。在你得到这封信的时候我可能已经回家了。你不用担心来接我的事情。我想给你一个惊喜。震惊——它很快就消失了。格特鲁德·斯泰因说过“美国是我的出生地,巴黎却是我心中的故乡。”这就是我对巴黎的全部感情。我想要你知道它对我有多重要。天气转冷了,但是我并不觉得冷。街上有人正在弹唱“玫瑰色的人生”。他们为旅行者们表演。但是我总是很惊讶他们竟然让我如此感动。就像是透过玫瑰色的眼镜来看生活一样。只有在巴黎,当光变为粉色,这首歌才让人感触万分。我会把它装进我的口袋带回家里,从现在起无论去任何地方我都会带着它。我爱你,爸爸。

分类: 英语
全部回复 (3)

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团