2014.07.26【英译中】《魔女之家》第二章(七)55

是你睿吖 (吖卷) 译坛新宠
92 8 0
发表于:2014-07-26 18:55 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Inside the room were long continuous rows of bookshelves. One row after another; I couldn’t see the end of them. The walls were packed with bookshelves too, reaching as high as the ceiling.

在房子里是一排排整齐排列的书架,一行接着一行,我已看不到尽头。连墙壁也排列着书架,连接着天花板和地面。

Many open books lay on the calmingly-colored floor. They weren’t shrouded in dust, but felt like someone had been using them until just recently.

许多打开着的书平静的躺在地板上【。。。】,他们没有被尘埃覆盖,而是看起来最近才被人用过。

It was a room that carried the stillness of the indoors on a rainy day.

一间在雨天也能静静呆着的房间,

I became fond of the room at a single glance.

只是短短的一瞥我就爱上了这个房间。

Perhaps picking up on this, the black cat spoke like a tour guide.

或许注意到了这一点,黑猫像个导游一样开口说道:

"We have lots of books here. Stories from lots of lands, stories from lots of people. Useful stories and useless ones. Our stories, and your stories."

“我们这里有很多本书。来自各个大陆不同人种的故事,有用的没用的,我们的你们的故事。”

I walked through the bookshelves like I was stepping into a labyrinth.

我在书架之间穿行,感觉就像在穿越迷宫。

The shelves were neatly lined of books large and small, their covers spanning the color spectrum. And all the books seemed to be waiting for me to reach for them at any moment.

书架上排列得整整齐齐的书籍或大或小,他们的封面呈光谱的颜色排开。所有的书看起来都像是在等着我伸出手在任何时间拿出他们。

As I ran over the bindings with my finger, I felt tantalized. Before I could voice my concern, the black cat spoke at my feet.

随着手指抚摸着金边,我感觉到一种亟不可待的渴望。但在我说出我的担忧之前,黑猫在我的脚边说,

"Ellen. Can you not read?"

“爱莲,你不会认字对么?”

I looked down at him in surprise.

我惊讶的望着他。

He was correct.

他说对了。

"I’ll teach you. C’mere."

“我会教你的,跟我来。”

He brushed his tail against my ankle and walked toward the back of the room. I followed.

他用尾巴扫了扫我的脚踝直至走向房间后面,我跟了上去。

In the back of the room was a long wooden desk and a chair.

在房间的后方有一张木质长书桌和凳子。

On the desk was light-colored paper, a capped bottle of ink, and a feather pen; all the implements needed to write.

桌上有一叠浅色的纸,一瓶墨水,还有一只羽毛笔,所有书写所需要的工具。

I sat in the chair that pulled itself out.

我坐在自动推出的椅子上,

"Well, let’s see, what should I teach you first…"

“好的,让我看看,首先我应该教你什么呢?”

The cat jumped up on the desk and started to hum. He seemed to be enjoying himself more than me.

他跳上桌子然后开始小声的哼哼,他似乎看起来比我更享受。

I took in the smell of the ink in the area, and found roses on the windowsill.

我在墨水的气味的包围下,发现了窗台有着一些蔷薇花。

Those flowers again. Were they in every room?

又是这些花,难道每个房间都有它们的存在么?

I asked, not taking my eyes off the roses, “About the person who lived here before…”

我注视着蔷薇,开口问道“之前住在这里的人…”

"Hm?"

“恩?”

"Did they like roses?"

“他们很喜欢蔷薇么?”

He followed my gaze to the roses.

它跟随我的目光望向蔷薇,

"Yeah," then turning back to me, he said "You’ll come to, too."

“是的,”然后转过身来,对着我说“你也会渐渐爱上的。”

"Okay," I nodded.

“好吧。”我点了点头。

In truth, I was already beginning to. I felt something coming from those roses that grabbed my heart and wouldn’t let go. I wonder why they made my heart beat fast?

事实上,我已经开始爱上它了。

I didn’t know at the time. That roses, to a witch, are like her flesh and blood. And that their vines serve as the weapons to take people’s lives.

但当时我还不知道。那些蔷薇对于魔女来说,就像她的血肉,而他们的荆棘就是作为抹杀人们性命的武器。

"Let’s go with "Ellen.""

“我们用“爱莲”开始吧”

Breaking from thought, I looked at the cat.

沉思被黑猫的话所打破,我望向他。

"It’ll be your first word. Here, this is how you write your name."

“这将是你学到的第一个词。看着,你的名字是这样写的。”

As he spoke, the feather pen lifted up. It touched the ink, then whirled and danced around the paper, drawing smooth letters.

随着他的话音,那只羽毛笔飘了以来,它蘸了蘸墨水,然后旋转着在纸上飞舞,留下顺畅的笔迹。

"Ellen"

“爱莲。”

I looked at my name as if eating into it. The feather pen came to my right hand and lost the force moving it.

我像是吃掉眼前的纸一样盯着我的名字,然后羽毛笔飞入我的手中停止动作。

I wasn’t particularly surprised by the occurrence anymore.

但我已经没有特别惊讶于这种事的发生了。

I gripped the feather pen and wrote the letters. My hand trembled a little. Surely, I thought, because this would be a memorable first step in my learning.

我紧握着羽毛笔一笔一划的写了上去,我的手有一点颤抖。当然,因为这将是我难忘的学习生涯中的第一步。

In the corner of my vision, a petal fell off the rose.

在我视线的角落,蔷薇花的花瓣掉落了一瓣。

分类: 英语
全部回复 (8) 回复 反向排序

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团