2014.07.29【英译中】如何欣赏球赛(3/3)

shuanghuasdo (熊猫JOY/酱油)
【A+研究所】荣誉会员☆网校制霸
路人甲
22 2 0
发表于:2014-07-29 22:53 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

接上篇: 2014.07.13【英译中】如何享受足球比赛(2/3)

Enjoy the sociocultural anthropology of it all.
享受其中所有的社会文化人类学内涵

Pay attention to the rising and falling of individual and team confidence, the turning of momentum, the clashing of wills.
注意个人和球队信心的起伏、势头的转变和意志的冲突。

Consider the delicate balance of a team’s commitment to offense or defense in terms of risk versus reward. 
思考球队进攻和防守间风险和收获的微妙平衡。

Notice how countries and even continents play the game differently—I find that part endlessly fascinating.
留心国与国之前甚至是洲与洲之间踢法的不同——我发现这部分无比让人着迷。

Finally, and most important…
最后,也是最重要的...

Appreciate what’s happening.
欣赏发生的一切

Don’t let the wide camera angles lull you into missing the physicality of it. 
别让摄像机宽广的镜头让你忽略足球的身体性。(求治)

It’s easy to start thinking that it’s perfectly reasonable for a kicked ball to go exactly where the player intended, or that a ball flying fifty yards through the air should by all logic settle down nice and easy on the toe of a person’s foot, but remember that a soccer ball is an inanimate object. 
很容易认为球能够被精确地提到球员想踢到的地方,或是一个球从空中飞过50米还能轻松漂亮地落到球员的脚上。但是别忘了足球只是一个死物。

Almost everything you’re seeing these players do with it has taken hours and hours, even years, to perfect. 
几乎你看到的所有这些球员们和球之间的互动都要靠日复一日年复一年的练习才能日臻完美。

It’s like watching a constant stream of magic tricks. 
就如同看一连串的魔术。

Enjoy that. 
好好享受。

Clap right there on the couch if you want to. 
精彩时想拍就拍拍沙发。

That’s what I do.
我就是这么做的。

Now, as many have said, it’s hard to truly appreciate this stuff if you’ve never played before, but if you haven’t, try this. 
现在,正如很多人说的,如果你没踢过球很难真正去欣赏鉴别它。不过如果你没踢过,可以试一试这个。

Imagine you’re running as fast as you can. 
想象你正用你最快的速度跑步。

I mean a full-on panting sprint. 
我是指火力全开喘着粗气的冲刺。

Now imagine doing something else with your feet at the same time. 
现在想象你的脚在跑步同时还在做其他事情。

Seriously, imagine it. 
真的,好好想象一下。

It’s hard to wrap your head around the idea, isn’t it? 
很难理解这种想法是不是?

Now imagine there’s another human trying his best to stop you. 
现在想象有另外一个人正尽全力试图阻断你。

Imagine that other human is a brawny Brazilian nicknamed Hulk. 
想象那个人是个肌肉发达昵称“绿巨人”的巴西人。

When you start to see it that way, you realize that soccer isn’t all about the goals. 
当你能够这样想象时,你会意识到进球并不是足球的全部。

It’s about all the amazing little things that happen along the way. 
它是过程中发生的所有渺小却惊奇的事情。

That’s why Pelé called it the beautiful game. 
这就是贝利称它为“美丽的运动”的原因。

And because he called it that, I got picked on a lot as a kid.
而就因为他这么称呼它,我小的时候常受到嘲笑。

分类: 英语
全部回复 (2)

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团