2014.08.13【英译中】Ivy's Journal: a Trip to the Yucatan艾维的日记: 尤卡坦之旅 2

发表于:2014-08-13 11:53 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

We're here! We landed in the city of Merida around 1:30 in the afternoon and then had to drive pretty far to get our hotel.

们来了们下午1:30左右降落在了梅里达市然后得乘车走很远才能到我们的酒店

 

The cabdriver chattered to us in Spanish as he pointed at sights through the window.

出租车司机指着窗外的景物用西班牙语冲着我们喋喋不休

 

My parents nodded and said, "Si" a lot, like they understood.

我父母着点头说了很多次”,像他们的听懂了似的

 

I'm sure the cabdriver wasn't fooled for a minute. Our hotel is called Hacienda Uxmal.

我敢肯定出租车司机连一分钟都没被糊弄了们的酒店名字叫乌斯马尔庄园

 

Hacienda means "farm" or "plantation," so I guess I was expecting horses, but there aren't any.

的意思是农场种植园”,所以我猜想我能见到马但一匹也没有

 

Lucky thing there's a pool because it's really hot and humid here.

运的是有一个游泳池为这里非常炎热潮湿

 

Too bad this place wasn't around for Anne Maudslay who probably had to sleep in a tree.

对于不得不睡在树上安妮.兹利来说她的周边没有这种地方太糟糕了

 

Tomorrow we're going to see the ruins at Uxmal. I sure hope they're air-conditioned.

明天我们要去参观乌斯马尔的遗迹真的希望那里上装着空调的

 

Uxmal turned out to be right across the street from our hotel.

乌斯马尔就在我们酒店的街对面

 

It also turns out that I've been saying it wrong. It's pronounced Oooosh-maaal.

结果发现我一直把它的音读错了它的发音是Oooosh - maaal

 

Well, anyway, Uxmal was pretty cool.

不管怎么说乌斯马尔很酷

 

It's not like being in a museum where you can't touch anything.

不像在博物馆里不能碰任何东西

 

At uxmal, they let you climb on whatever you want.

乌斯马尔们允许你攀爬到任何你想攀爬的地方

 

Our guide told that 20,000 people once lived there, but almost all the buildings that are left were for the priests.

们的导游告诉我们说经有20000人在这里住过但是几乎所有保留下来的建筑物都是用来祭司的

 

Some of the buildings have funny names.

有一些建筑物有很有趣的名字

 

One building is called the Nunnery, even though it never had any nuns in it.

个建筑名字叫尼姑庵虽然里面从未有过任何修女

 

The best thing at Uxmal was the Pyramid of the Magician.

乌斯马尔最好的建筑是魔法师金字塔

 

The pyramid started out as a temple.

金字塔最开始是一个神殿

 

But when it fell apart, the people figured the easiest thing to do was to just build a new one right on top of it.

但是当它崩溃时们认为最容易做的事情就是在它上面建一个新的

 

The more temples they built, the bigger the whole thing became until they wound up with a gigantic pyramid.

们神殿建得越来越多那里整个儿变得越来越大直到绕卷成了了一个巨大的金字塔

 

The first temple is still in there, but the only way to get to it is through a tunnel

第一个神殿仍然在那里过一个隧道是达到那里的唯一路径

 

The pyramid has 118 steps, and boy, are they steep!

金字塔有118个台阶它们多陡峭啊!

 

You have to sort of crawl up.

你可能得匍匐而行

 

But once you get to the top, it's awesome!

但是一旦到达顶部就棒极了

 

The guide told us that Mayan priests were still making offerings in the inner temple until around 1650.

导游告诉我们玛雅祭司们直到1650年左右仍然在内殿供奉

 

Can you imagine?

你能想象到吗

 

Walking through that pitch black tunnel with maybe only a candle...chanting a language nobody understands anymore...burning incense in front of an idol. Wow!

过那个漆黑的隧道许只带着一支蜡烛......没有人明白的语言诵着经......在神像面前烧香

 

My parents, of course, took a gazillion pictures and asked about eight million questions.

我父母当然拍了大量的的照片还问了大概800个问题

 

I didn't know what to ask, so I just kept quiet.

我不知道问什么所以我只好保持安

分类: 英语
全部回复 (24) 回复 反向排序

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团