2014.08.13【英译中】Ivy's Journal: a Trip to the Yucatan艾维的日记: 尤卡坦之旅 3

发表于:2014-08-13 11:58 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

After a while, I wandered off to check out the ball court.

过了一会儿我离开人群去看球场

 

The ball court is a great big open space, like a football field, but it has high, sloping walls on both sides and a ring in each wall.

个球场是一个巨大的空地像一个足球场两边有高高的倾斜墙壁个墙壁上各有一个环儿

 

Nobody knows how the game was played.

没有人知道游戏怎么玩儿

 

The rings don't stick out like basketball hoops.

两个环儿不像篮球框一样凸出来

 

They look more like something you'd attach a net to, only they're about 200 feet off the ground.

们看起来更像是贴着网状物的东西只是它们离地大约200英尺

 

So there I was, kind of just wondering about it, when someone behind me whispered.

所以我站在那儿有点疑惑这时有人在我身后低声说话

 

"They sacrificed the winners, you know."

们把胜利者献祭你知道吗

 

I spun around and saw an old man.

转过身见一个老头

 

"They did?" I squeaked.

们真的这么做?”我尖叫着

 

I don't know why, but suddenly my heart started pounding.

我不知道为什么但突然我的心脏开始怦怦直跳

 

The man nodded very slowly.

那人慢慢地点点

 

He took a step closer.

他走近了一步

 

"The priests cut out their hearts," he whispered.

祭司挖出们的心脏他低声说

 

"Como este, like this," He made a slashing motion at his chest, and I almost jumped ten feet.

这样西班牙),这样他在自己的胸口做了一个劈砍的动作我几乎跳起来了10英尺

 

"Then they placed the beating hearts on an altar for Chaac, the got of rain."

然后们把跳动的心脏放在祭坛上求雨

 

"Oh, my gosh!" I cried. "They did that to the winners?"

我的天!”我大喊道 们这样对胜利者

 

"It would have been a great honor," said the man.

将是一个伟大的荣耀个人说

 

"Not for me," I told him.

不适合我,”我告诉他

 

"I would have headed for the jungle."

会跑到丛林里去。”


Today we went to Kabah.


今天我们去了卡巴


We had to take a jeep because Kabah is in the middle of the jungle.


为卡巴在丛林深处们得坐吉普车去


The "road" was just a couple of ruts, and we got bounced around pretty good.


只是两道车辙们着实被颠簸了一番 

 

But then an amazing thing happened.


来发生了一件令人吃惊的事情


When we were about halfway there, we drove through a huge cloud of monarch butterflies.


当我们在半路时们开车穿过了一大群黑脉金斑蝶  


It was beautiful!


太漂亮了 

 

There must have been thousands of them!


肯定有上千只


We passed a few huts that looked like this;


们经过了几个看起来像这样的小屋 

 

Little kids were watching us from the doorways.


小孩儿们透过门廊看着我们  


Our guide told us that the Indians who live here are descendants of the Maya.


们的导游告诉我们住在这里的印第安人是玛雅人的后裔  


Their houses are just like the ones the Maya lived in 1,200 years ago.


们的房子跟1200年前的那些玛雅人住的一模一样  


There weren't any toilets, so we had to go in the jungle.


没有任何厕所所以我们不得不在丛林中解决

 

 No, Excuse me.


对不起

 

There was a toilet, but it turned out to be a big trench surrounded on three sides by giant banana leaves.


有一个厕所它只是一个三面围了巨大的芭蕉叶的大沟

  

Well, I took one look at it and said, forget it!


我看了一眼算了  


So my mom gave me same tissues, and I walked a little ways into the jungle.


于是我妈妈给了我一些纸巾我走了一小段路进了丛林 


I thought of Anne Maudslay and decided she would have been proud of me.


我想起了安.兹利并断定她肯定会为我骄傲的  


Most of the buildings at Kabah are buried.


卡巴的大部分建筑被埋藏了  


The biggest palace is called Codz Poop.


最大的宫殿叫Codz Poop  


Don't ask me what it means.


不要问我是什么意思  


Anyway, the walls of Codz Poop are decorated with carvings of Chaac, who had the most gigantic nose!


反正Codz Poop墙壁雕刻着雨神查克他有一个最庞大的鼻子  


Maybe Codz Poop means "Palace of the Noses."


Codz Poop的意思是鼻子宫殿  


Seeing Chaac made me think of the old man and what he said about the priests sacrificing people so they would get rain.


看到雨神查克让我想起了那个老头和他所说的祭司们把人献祭求雨的事  


I looked around Codz Poop for bloodstains, but I didn't see any.


我在Codz Poop围寻找血迹但一点也没有看到  


Maybe the priests did such a good job, the rain washed them away.


许是祭司的工作做得很好雨水把它们冲刷掉了 


最后编辑于:2014-08-13 12:23
分类: 英语
全部回复 (15) 回复 反向排序

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团