2014.08.13【英译中】Ivy's Journal: a Trip to the Yucatan艾维的日记: 尤卡坦之旅 4

发表于:2014-08-13 12:27 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Today we went to Sayil.

今天我们去了萨伊尔

 

That's where my parents are going to dig up pyramids.

那就是我父母要挖掘金字塔的地方

 

Sayil means "place of the leaf-cutter ants" in Mayan, but it's more like the place of the killer mosquitoes.

萨伊尔在玛雅语里意思是切叶蚁之地”,它更像是一个满是杀手蚊子的地方

 

There's not a whole lot to see.

这里没有多少可参观的

 

The archeologists dug out some of the buildings, but they're getting overgrown again.

考古学家挖出了一些建筑但他们很快又被疯长的植物遮盖了

 

It's like the jungle is eating them.

就像是丛林在吞吃它们

 

The weirdest one is called El Mirador.

最怪异的一个建筑被称为埃尔米拉多

 

It means "the look-out."

它的意思瞭望台”。

 

I had the strangest feeling when I was there.

在那里的时候我有一种奇怪的感觉

 

I felt that if I stepped inside El Mirador, I would go back through time.

我感觉如果我走进埃尔米拉多会穿越时间回到过去似的

 

Sayil is very quiet.

萨伊尔非常安静

 

Most of the tourists go to Uxmal.

大多数游客去乌斯马尔了

 

So while I was wandering around I imagined I was a Mayan.

所以当我在那周围徘徊时我把自己想象成一个玛雅人

 

I thought of what the priests would look like in their feathered headdresses.

我想象祭司们戴着他们的羽毛头饰会是什么样子

 

There would be a big procession.

那里将会举行一个大游行

 

Musicians would be playing flutes...

乐家们将演奏长笛......

 

I could hear the sound of a rubber ball slamming against the stone walls of the ball court.

我能听到的橡胶球撞击球场石壁的声音

 

Spectators were shouting.

观众高喊着

 

The athletes would play to their death.

运动员们将拼死奋战

 

The crowd would cheer the winners.

人群会向胜利者欢呼

 

I would be on the stone steps watching.

会在石阶上观望

 

Then I would see Ramon.

然后我会看到拉蒙

 

Handsome Ramon.

英俊的拉蒙

 

He would be on the winning team.

将在冠军球队里

 

He would catch my eye and blow me a kiss.

会看到我并且给我一个飞吻

 

And, proudly, he would march to his death.

然后会骄傲地阔步迈向死亡

 

We went back to Sayil, and my parents started digging.

们回到了萨伊尔我父母开始挖掘了

 

There are a few other crazy tourists who are also digging.

还有其他一些疯狂的游客也在挖掘

 

I can't figure out why they want to do all that work.

我想不通为什么他们想要做所有的那些事儿

 

They're not getting paid for it.

们得不到到报酬

 

I dug for a little while, but it's hot and disgusting, and I started to get really bored.

挖了一小会儿热又无趣开始觉得很无聊

 

I bet Anne Moudslay didn't do any digging when she was here.

我敢打.兹利在这里时肯定没有挖掘过

 

Parasol or no parasol, she would have died in the heat.

不管有没有阳伞她都会被热死

 

I tried to talk my parents into letting me stay at the hotel.

我想跟我父母谈谈让我留在酒店

 

I told them I wanted to go swimming, but they said it wasn't educational.

我告诉他们我想去游泳但他们说那没有教育意义

 

Instead, they sent me off with some other kids to Labna.

相反们把我和其他一些孩子送到拉博纳去了

 

All these places are starting to look alike.

所有的那些地方都开始看起来很相像

 

Our guide was really good, though.

们的导游非常好

 

He showed us how to make rubbings, and we each did one.

他向我们展示了如何制作拓片然后我们每个人都做了一个

 

You tape a big piece of paper to something that has hieroglyphics carved in it.

胶带把一大张纸贴在刻有象形文字的东西上

 

Then you rub a crayon over the whole surface, and a picture of the carving comes out on the papers.

然后把蜡笔涂在整个表面上这样那些雕刻的图像就在纸上显现出来了

 

So I got my first souvenir.

于是我得到了我的第一个纪念品

 

All my parents came back with was mosquito bites.

而我父母带回来的所有东西只是蚊子的叮咬

分类: 英语
全部回复 (12) 回复 反向排序

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团