2014.08.13【英译中】Ivy's Journal: a Trip to the Yucatan艾维的日记: 尤卡坦之旅 5

发表于:2014-08-13 12:33 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Sayil again.

又是萨伊尔

 

I borrowed my dad's camera and took pictures.

我借了爸爸的相机拍了照

 

There was nothing else to do.

没有什么其它事情可做

 

The hotel packed us a picnic lunch, and today my parents let me go over to El Mirador by myself.

酒店为我们包好了野餐午餐今天我的父母让我一个人去埃尔米拉多

 

There was no one else around.

围没有其他人

 

That was good because Ramon was waiting.

太好了为拉蒙在等着呢

 

He had managed to get away from the others, but they would be looking for him.

他已经设法摆脱了别人但他们可能在寻找他

 

He couldn't stay long because if they found us together, they would sacrifice me, too.

他不能呆太久为如果他们发现我们在一起们也会把我献了祭

 

"I don't want to live without you." I told him.

没有你我不想活了。”我告诉他

 

Ramon silenced me with a smile.

拉蒙沉含笑沉默着

 

"Chaac must have his hearts so that we may have our rain!"

雨神查克一定得拿到他的心脏们才能有雨

 

"Oh brother!" I said.

哥哥!”

 

And then suddenly, I heard footsteps.

然后突然我听到了脚步

 

"Hurry," I cried, grabbing Ramon's hand. "Into the jungle!"

!” 抓着拉蒙的手大喊,“进丛林去!”

 

I saw a girl watching me today while I was having my lunch.

今天吃午饭的时候我看见一个女孩在望着我

 

I was at El Mirador again.

我又在埃尔米拉多了

 

We stared at each other for a long time.

们相互凝视了对方很长一段时间

 

Finally, I shouted for her to come over.

最后我喊她过来

 

I knew she didn't speak English, so I patted the steps for her to sit down.

我知道她不会说英语所以我拍拍台阶让她坐下

 

She pointed to herself and said, "Transita."

她指着自己说:“兰西塔

 

"My name is Ivy." I told her.

我叫艾。” 我告诉她

 

She smiled and nodded.

她笑着点点头

 

It was a little strange at first, I sat there talking to her in English, and she talked to me in Spanish.

刚开始有些怪怪的我坐在那里和她说英语她跟我说西班牙语

 

Neither one of us knew what the other was saying, but then after a while, we started to figure it out.

们两个人都不知道对方在说什么然后过了一会儿们才开始弄明白

 

Finally, Transita stood up and made a motion for me to follow her.

最后Transita站了起做了一个让我跟着她的动作

 

I wasn't sure what to do.

我不知道该怎么办

 

"Wait. I have to tell my parents where I'm going." I said, but I don't think she understood.

等一下我得告诉一下我父母我要去哪里。”但我知道她没理解

 

"Vamos,"she said, pointing to the trees.  "Vamos alli" So I vamosed.

跟我。”她指着树林说所以我就跟她去了

 

I had no idea where Transita was taking me.

我不知道Transita带我去哪里

 

We crossed the cleared-out around the Pyramids, and soon we were running through the jungle.

们穿过金字塔周围的空地很快我们就穿梭在丛林中了

 

It was very hot and still.

天很一点风也没有

 

My parents seemed so far away, in another century, almost.

我父母好像离得很遥远了几乎是在另一个世纪

 

Ramon was with us, running for his life from the Mayan priests who wanted to cut his heart out and give it to Chaac.

拉蒙和我们在一起从想要挖出他心脏献给雨神查克的玛雅祭司那里狂奔逃命

 

Suddenly we came to a little clearing and there, in the middle of the jungle, was a hut with a thatched roof, like the ones I had seen on the way to Sayil.

突然们来到了一块小空地在那里丛林的中间是一座用茅草覆盖着屋顶的小屋就像在我去萨伊尔的路上见过的那些一样

 

A dark-skinned Mayan woman was outside, working a loom made out of sticks and small branches.

个皮肤黝黑的玛雅妇女在外面正在一个用棍子和小树枝做的织机上工作着

 

"Esta mi casa," Transita said, "Easta mi madre."

这是我家,” 兰西塔说,“ 这是我妈妈

 

The woman was actually making cloth! I didn't know people had to do that.

个女的竟在织布我不知道人们还得做这个

 

I thought you just sort of went and bought it.

我以为只要去买就行了

 

The design in the cloth was beautiful. "Wow!" I said.

布上的图案非常漂亮!”

 

"That's pretty! Muy bonita."

"太漂亮了 很棒西班牙)。

 

Transita's mother nodded and smiled, and I suddenly thought,

兰西塔的母亲点点头笑了一下我突然想

 

"Oh gosh! I said something in Spanish, and they understood me!"

说了一些西班牙语们听懂了

 

Transita showed me her house, which was really just a big room with a dirt floor.

兰西塔带我看了她家实际上那只是个没铺地板的泥地大房间

 

There were little kids running around, and I figured they were her brothers and sisters.

有几个小孩儿在跑来跑去的我想他们应该是她的兄弟姐妹

 

When they saw me, they stopped running and just stared.

们看到我以后就停了下只是盯着看

 

They looked just like the carvings of the Mayans on the walls of the ruins.

们看起来就像废墟墙壁上的玛雅人雕像

 

When I got back to the hotel, my parents were totally nuts.

当我回到酒店时我父母完全气疯了

 

I thought they were going to kill me.

我以为他们会杀了我

 

"Where were you?" they screamed.

你去哪里了?”们尖叫起来

 

I told them about Transita and the hut in the jungle, and my mother's eyes almost fell out of her head.

给他们讲了德兰西塔 和在丛林中的小屋的事儿我母亲的眼睛都从头上掉出来了

 

And then all of a sudden, my dad burst out laughing.

然后突然爸爸大笑了起

 

"What a great story!" he cried.

多棒的故事!”他大声说道

 

"Evelyn," he said to my mom, "this kid's going to be a writer."

伊夫林,”对我妈妈说,“这小家伙会成为一个作家

分类: 英语
全部回复 (10) 回复 反向排序

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团