2014.06.18【英译中】The hobbit-7 (52句)

发表于:2014-06-18 17:42 [只看楼主] [划词开启]
"I should think so - in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty .disturbing uncomfortable things! 
"我也觉得是这样-我们就只是普通的村民,对冒险这种令人讨厌又不舒服的事情没有任何的帮助!

Make you late for dinner! 
还让你赶不上晚餐!

I can't think what anybody sees in them," 
我看不到任何好处。"

said our Mr. Baggins, and stuck one thumb behind his braces, and blew out another even bigger smoke-ring. 
我们的巴金斯先生如此说着,並伸出一只拇指勾着吊带,吹出另一个大烟圈。

Then he took out his morning letters, and begin to read, pretending to take no more notice of the old man. 
然后、他拿出了早晨收到的信并开始阅读,假装不再关注那老人。

He had decided that he was not quite his sort, and wanted him to go away. 
比尔博判断自己并不是他想要的类型,并希望他赶快离开。

But the old man did not move. 
但是那个老人一动也不动。

He stood leaning on his stick and gazing at the hobbit without saying anything, till Bilbo got quite uncomfortable and even a little cross.
他倚着他的魔杖而立、凝视着这霍比特人不发一语,直到比尔博感到相当不舒服、甚至有点坐立不安。

"Good morning!" he said at last. 
"早安!"他最后说道。

"We don't want any adventures here, thank you! 
"我们不想要任何冒险,谢谢你!

You might try over The Hill or across The Water." 
你可以到希尔山的其他地方、或者沃特河对岸试试。" 

By this he meant that the conversation was at an end.
而这表示对话结束了。


"What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!" said Gandalf. 
"你还真是什么都要提到早安!" 甘道夫说着。

"Now you mean that you want to get rid of me, and that it won't be good till I move off."
 "现在你的意思是你想甩掉我,而直到我离开前都不会是一个好早晨,是吧?"

"Not at all, not at all, my dear sir! 
"一点也不,一点也不,我亲爱的先生!

Let me see, I don't think I know your name?"
让我想想,我不认为我知道你的名字?"


"Yes, yes, my dear sir - and I do know your name, Mr. Bilbo Baggins. 
"是的,是的,我亲爱的先生-我知道你的名字,比尔博‧巴金斯先生。

And you do know my name, though you don't remember that I belong to it. 
而你也知道我的名字,虽然你可能没办法把我和我的名字联系起来


I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me! 
我是甘道夫,而甘道夫指的就是我!

To think that I should have lived to be good-morninged by Belladonna Took's son, as if I was selling buttons at the door!"

谁想像地了,我能够活到让贝拉多娜‧图克的儿子向我说早安,就像我是个卖钮扣的!"


"Gandalf, Gandalf! Good gracious me! 
"甘道夫,甘道夫!天哪!

Not the wandering wizard that gave Old Took a pair of magic diamond studs that fastened themselves and never came undone till ordered? 
该不会是给了老图克一对能够自行固定、除非下令、否则永不松脱的神奇钻石耳钉的那位流浪巫师?

Not the fellow who used to tell such wonderful tales at parties, about dragons and goblins and giants and the rescue of princesses and the unexpected luck of widows' sons? 
那位善于在宴会时讲述诸如龙、哥布林、巨人、拯救公主以及意外幸运的寡妇之子等等精彩故事的老朋友?

Not the man that used to make such particularly excellent fireworks! 
那位精于制作特别出色烟火的男人!

I remember those!Old Took used to have them on Midsummer's Eve. 
我记得的!往往在仲夏夜里,老图克会施放这些烟火。

Splendid! They used to go up like great lilies and snapdragons and laburnums of fire and hang in the twilight all evening!" 
真的超精彩!他们就像是升至天空的巨大火焰百合花、龙头花或是金链花,悬挂在傍晚的暮色里!"

You will notice already that Mr. Baggins was not quite so prosy as he liked to believe, also that he was very fond of flowers. 
你将已发现巴金斯先生并不像他自己所相信的那样平凡无趣,而且他非常喜欢花。

"Dear me!" he went on. 
"哎呀"他继续说道。

"Not the Gandalf who was responsible for so many quiet lads and lasses going off into the Blue for mad adventures.
"不会是那位引得许多安静的小伙子和少女突然离去、踏上疯狂冒险旅程的甘道夫吧?!

Anything from climbing trees to visiting Elves - or sailing in ships, sailing to other shores! 
诸如爬上大树拜访精灵-或是乘上船只航行到其他海岸!

Bless me, life used to be quite inter - I mean, you used to upset things badly in these parts once upon a time. 
哎!生活曾经是那样的有- 我的意思是,许久以前你常常把这里的事情搞得一团糟。

I beg your pardon, but I had no idea you were still in business."
请你原谅,但我不知道你还活动着呢。"


"Where else should I be?" said the wizard. 
"我还能在哪儿?" 那巫师如此说道。

"All the same I am pleased to find you remember something about me. 
"我依然很高兴你记得关于我的一些事。

You seem to remember my fireworks kindly, at any rate, land that is not without hope. 
似乎你还记得我的烟火,而好歹,这还有点希望。

Indeed for your old grand-father Took's sake, and for the sake of poor Belladonna, I will give you what you asked for."
事实上为了你的老祖父图克、以及可怜的贝拉多娜,我将给予你你所求。"

"I beg your pardon, I haven't asked for anything!"
"请你原谅,我并没有要求任何东西!"

"Yes, you have! Twice now. My pardon. I give it you. 
"不,你有!而且还要求了两次:我的原谅。我将会给你。

In fact I will go so far as to send you on this adventure. 
而事实上,我甚至打算送你去参加这次冒险。

Very amusing for me, very good for you and profitable too, very likely, if you ever get over it."
这次旅程对我来说非常有趣、而你也可能受益匪浅-如果你有办法把它完成的话。"

"Sorry! I don't want any adventures, thank you. 
"抱歉!今天我不想要任何冒险,谢谢你。

Not today. Good morning! But please come to tea - any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Come tomorrow! Good-bye!"
早安!但是请来喫茶-在任何你喜欢的时刻都可以!明天怎么样?!请明天前来吧!再见!"

With that the hobbit turned and scuttled inside his round green door, and shut it as quickly as he dared, not to seen rude. 
说完后,这个霍比特人慌张地转身並逃入他的绿色圆形门内,在避免看起来很失礼的情况下,尽可能迅速地将其关上。

Wizards after all are wizards.
巫师终归还是巫师。

虽然你可能不记得这名字属于我


上一页               首頁               下一页


最后编辑于:2014-07-16 09:44
分类: 英语
全部回复 (10) 回复 反向排序

  • 2

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团