2014.08.07【英译中】为创意走钢索:广告公司会议掐架实录

星桨 (River) 路人甲
71 3 0
发表于:2014-08-07 21:54 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

Miles:Rick,this man in a toga idea just won't fly.
麦尔斯:里克,你这个男人穿袍子的创意行不通。

Rick:Of course it'll fly.he'll love it.
里克:当然行得通,他一定会喜欢。

Ellen:we'd just like to explore other possibilities before we submit the idea to landis.
艾伦:在我们把创意提交给兰迪斯之前我们还可以探索一下其它方案。

m:can you tell us what you had in mind when you came up with this man in a toga?
麦尔斯:你能不能告诉我你弄出男人穿袍子这个方案的时候在想些什么?

r:oh,i don't know.i guess i heard forum and thought ancient rome,and from there i thought toga and then i started sketching this guy.
里克:哦,我不知道。我猜我先是听到论坛这个词想起了古罗马,然后就想到了袍子于是我开始画这个人的草图。

m:and how do you think it would fit with food forum's needs?
麦尔斯:所以你凭什么觉得它能符合食品论坛的需求?

r:i think it will give them a spokesman that sets the store apart from the competition.
里克:我觉得它会提供一个让这家店从竞争里脱颖而出的代言人。

m:setting him apart from the competition is only half of our job.we have to set him apart in a way that makes shoppers want to go to his stores.
麦尔斯:这只是我们一半的任务。我们必须让客人们愿意进他的店去。

r:i'd go to see a guy in a toga.
里克:我就愿意去看一个穿袍子的男人。

m:that doesn't surprise me,rick.
麦尔斯:我一点都不吃惊,里克。

r:hey,how about a woman in toga,that could be even better,a roman goddess.
里克:喂!一个穿袍子的女人怎么样,这还要好些,一个罗马女神。

m:oh please.
麦尔斯:拜托。

R:there must have been a goddess of produce or something.Ellen ,who was the goddess of the harvest ?we could use her.
里克:肯定有个女神是主管生产之类的。艾伦,谁是收获女神?我们可以用她当创意。

Tiffany:I think it was Ceres.
蒂凡尼:我觉得是赛尔斯。

R:yeah,Ceres .let's make her the spokeswoman of food forum.
里克:对,赛尔斯。我们来让她当食品论坛的发言人。

M:nobody will get it,Rick.
麦尔斯:没有人懂的,里克。

R :they don't have to get it,miles,as long as they like it and it makes them feel good about food forum.
里克:他们不需要懂,只要他们喜欢还有对食品论坛感觉不错就行。

E:look,Rick,you may be right,but you're going to  do a lot more to convince me.
艾伦:听着,里克,你也许是对的,但你还不能说服我。

M:and me.
麦尔斯:还有我。

E:not to mention Landis.
艾伦:更不用说兰迪斯了。

R:Ellen ,trust me on this.I know it will work.
里克:艾伦,相信我这一次。我知道它会成功的。

E:it isn't that I don't trust you.I just think we should have a little more to show Landis.
艾伦:这不是我相不相信你的事。我只是觉得我们应该有更多的东西给兰迪斯看。

R:but this idea is so good!
里克:但这个创意太棒了!

E:how about this.Rick,you do some sketches of Ceres.
艾伦:这样行不行。里克,你画一些赛尔斯的草图出来。

M:Ellen,I really don't think we should waste our time on this idea.
麦尔斯:艾伦,我觉得 我们不该再在这上面浪费时间了。

E:and see what other ideas you might be able to come up with as you go.
艾伦:再看看你能不能边画边想出其它的主意。

R:fair enough.
里克:我同意。

E:tiffany,why don't you see what you can come up with for this Ceres person.
艾伦:蒂凡尼,你能不能为这叫赛尔斯的想些什么出来。

T:she's a goddess.
蒂凡尼:她是一个女神。

E:ok,for this Ceres goddess.and I'll see what we've got in terms of research on shoppers and their habits.
艾伦:好,为这个女神赛尔斯,我还要看我们手头客户消费习惯的研究。

M:and what do I tell Landis?
麦尔斯:那我怎么和兰迪斯说?

E:can you put him off until tomorrow?tell him we'll have some ideas for him then.
艾伦:你可不可以把他推到明天?给他说明天我们有一些创意提供给他。

M:I can put him off,but we'd better have something solid to show him.
麦尔斯:我可以推迟,但我们最好有些干货给他看。

R:no sweat,miles.he'll go nuts when you show him our great ideas.
里克:不要紧张,麦尔斯。等你把我们的好创意给他看了他恐怕高兴得发疯。

M:if I don't go nuts first.

麦尔斯:最好我没先发疯。


系列

单篇



最后编辑于:2014-10-29 20:22
分类: 英语
全部回复 (3)

  • 0

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团