【小咖英语字幕组】低头族,你错过了什么?

发表于:2015-07-22 11:12 [只看楼主] [划词开启]

《Look up》中英双语文本:

I have 422 friends, yet I am lonely.

我有422个朋友,但我仍然很孤单。

I speak to all of them everyday, yet none of them really know me.

我每天和他们聊天,但没有一个人真正懂我。

The problem I have sits in the spaces between looking into their eyes or at a name on a screen.

让我纠结的是,到底要看他们的眼睛还是屏幕上他们的名字。

I took a step back and opened my eyes.

我后退一步,睁开双眼。

I looked around to realize the media we call social is anything but.

环顾四周,我意识到这个被我们称为社交的媒介竟无比强大。

When we open our computers, and its our doors we shut.

当我们打开电脑,我们同时也将自己与外界隔绝。

All this technology we have its just an illusion.

我们拥有的所有技术都只是幻像。

Community companionship a sense of inclusion yet,

它给你社区,友谊,包容的感觉,

when you step away from this device of delusion, you awaken to see a world of confusion.

当你离开这虚幻的设备,你会惊觉,这世界充满疑惑。

A world where were slaves to the technology we mastered,

一个我们被自己掌握的技术奴役的世界,

where information gets sold by some rich greedy bastard.

个人信息被某些极度贪婪的混蛋肆意贩卖的世界,

A world of self interest, self image, self promotion,

一个自私,自恋,自吹自擂的世界,

where we all share our best bits, but, leave out the emotion.

一个我们都分享精彩生活却摒弃真实情感的世界。

Were at almost happy with an experience we share,

我们会因分享经历而感到开心,

but is it the same if no one is there?

但若无人倾听你的分享,快乐是否如一?

Be there for your friends and theyll be there too, but no one will be if a group message will do.

陪朋友在一起,他们也将和你在一起, 如果只是通过短信交流,没有人会陪着你。

We edit and exaggerate, crave adulation.

我们编造和夸大事实,渴望他人的奉承。

We pretend not to notice the social isolation.

我们假装没注意到社交孤立现象。

We put our words into order and turn our lives a-glistening.

我们堆彻华丽的辞藻,使我们的生活看起来精彩万分。

We dont even know if anyone is listening!

我们甚至不知道是否有人注意到这些。

Being alone isnt problem let me just emphasize

让我强调一下,孤独一人并不是问题

if you read a book, paint a picture, or do some exercise.

如果你阅读,作画,或是做运动,

Youre being productive and present not reserved and recluse.

你会效率很高并活在当下,不是沉默又孤独的。

Youre being awake and attentive and putting your time to good use.

你清醒,专注,不虚度时光。

So when youre in public, and you start to feel alone.

所以当你在公共场合,开始感觉孤独时。

Put your hands behind your head, step away from the phone!

把双手放在脑后,远离你的手机!

You dont need to stare at the menu, or a your contact list. Just talk to one another, learn to coexist.

你无需盯着手机菜单或联系人列表。直接去和他人交谈,学会相处。

I cant stand to hear the silence of a busy commuter train when on one wants to talk for the fear of looking insane.

我不能忍受在繁忙列车上的沉寂,无人交流只因害怕自己显得精神失常。

Were becoming unsocial, it no longer satisfies to engage with one another, and look into someones eyes.

我们开始变得不合群,也不再满足于看着别人的眼睛去和彼此交流。

Were surrounded by children, who since they were born, have watched us living like robots, who now think its the norm.

我们身边的孩子,从他们出生开始,就看着我们好像机器人一样活着,所以他们现在认为这才是正常的。

Its not very likely youll make worlds greatest dad, if you cant entertain a child without using an iPad.

如果你只能用一台iPad来让你的孩子变得开心,那你绝不可能成为世界上最伟大的爸爸。

When I was a child, Id never be home,

当我是个孩子的时候,我从不回家,

be out with my friends on our bikes wed roam.

在外面和我的朋友骑自行车漫游。

Id wear holes on my trains, and graze up my knees,

运动鞋穿破了,膝盖擦伤了

wed build our own clubhouse, high up in the trees.

我们动手搭建自己的树屋,高高的立于枝头。

Now the parks so quiet, it gives me a chill,

而如今的公园,那么寂静,让我心生寒意,

see no children outside and the swings hanging still.

看不到在外玩耍的孩子,秋千也静静的纹丝不动。

There no skipping, no hopscotch, no church and no steeple.

再也没有跳绳,没有跳房子,没有小尖顶教堂

Were generation of idiots, smart phones and dumb people.

我们是白痴,智能手机和愚蠢的一代人。

So look up from your phone, shut down display. Take in your surroundings, make the most of today.

所以,从你手机上抬起头吧,关闭屏幕。参与到你身边的人和事当中,好好利用今天的时间。

Just one real connection is all it can take, to show you the difference that being there can make.

只需要一个真实的接触,仅此而已,这会让你明白,只需身在那里,改变就能发生。

Be there in the moment, when she gives you the look, that you remember forever as when love overtook.

亲身经历,她的回媚一笑,你将永生难忘,爱情悄然而至。

The time she first hold your hand, or first kissed your lips, the time you first disagreed and you still love her to bits;

当她第一次牵你的手,或亲吻你的唇,当你们第一次有分歧,却依然深爱着她

The time you dont have to tell hundreds of what youve just done. Because you want to share this moment with just this one;

你没必要告诉所有人你刚刚做了什么,因为你只想与她分享这一刻。

The time you sell your computer, so you can buy a ring, for the girl of your dreams, who is now the real thing;

当你卖掉你的电脑,你便可以为你梦想的女孩买一个戒指,因为她才是无比真实的。

The time you want to start a family, and the moment when, you first hold your little girl, and get to love again;

当你想要去组建一个家庭,在那一刻,你第一次抱着你的小宝贝,你再次坠入爱河。

The time she keeps you up at night, and all you want is rest. And the time you wipe away the tears as your baby flees the nest;

当你只想好好休息,她却让你难以入眠时;当你在她长大成人离家后,拭去泪水。

The time your baby girl returns, with a boy for you to hold, and the time he calls your granddad and makes you feel real old;

当你的小宝贝回家,带着一个小男孩让你抱,他叫你爷爷的那一刻,你觉得自己真的老了。

The time youve taken all youve made, just by giving life attention. And how youre glad you didnt waste it, by looking down at some invention;

当你看着自己所有的成就,只因你对生活开始认真关注,你会是那么的高兴你没有浪费时间只为玩弄一些“发明”。

The time you hold your wifes hand, sit down beside her bed, you tell her that you love her and lay a kiss upon her head.

当你握着你妻子的手,坐在她的床边,然后告诉她你爱她,并在她的额头上轻轻一吻。

She then whispers to quietly as her heart gives a final beat, that shes lucky she got stopped by that lost boy in the street.

在她生命的最后一刻,她对你耳语道,当年她在街上被那个迷路的男孩拦住,是多么的幸运。

But none of these times ever happened, you never had any of this. When youre too busy looking down, you dont see the chances you miss.

但是这些事情都没有发生过,你从来没有过这些经历。当你忙着低头的时候,你不会看到这些你错过的机会。

So look up from your phone, shut down those displays, we have a final act existence a set number of days.

所以,从你手机上抬起头吧,关闭屏幕。我们的存在有限,生命只有那么多天。

Dont waste your life getting caught in the net, because when the end comes theres nothing worse than regret.

不要将你的时间浪费在网络上,因为当最后一刻到来时,没什么比后悔更糟了。

Im guilty too of being part of this machine, this digital world, we are hear but not seen.

作为这庞大机器的一员我感到很内疚,在这数字化的世界,流言早已大过我们看到的事实。

Where we type as we talk, and we read as we chat. Where we spend hours together without making eye-contact.

我们用打字当做说话,用阅读当做聊天,我们共处数几小时却没有任何眼神交流。

So dont give into a life where you fellow the hype. Give people your love, dont give them your like.

不要让你的生活追随炒作,给人们你的爱,而不是“赞”。

Disconnect from the need to be heard and defined go out into the world leave instructions behind.

断开那些被听到和被定义的需要,走出门,看看这个世界,摒弃所有干扰。

Look up from your phone. Shut down that display.

从你手机上抬起头吧,关闭屏幕。

Stop watching this video. Live life the real way.

不要再看这个视频,去过真实的生活吧。

分类: 小咖美语

  • 2

    点赞

  • 收藏

  • 扫一扫分享朋友圈

    二维码

  • 分享

课程推荐

需要先加入社团哦

编辑标签

最多可添加10个标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存

编辑官方标签

最多可添加10个官方标签,不同标签用英文逗号分开

保存
知道了

复制到我的社团